EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT THE TCICC
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following full-time
positions at the TCICC for the Fall Semester commencing Monday, August 24, 2021:
A. LECTURERS (Click for Job Description of a lecturer)
- Faculty of Hospitality and Tourism Management (HTM):
- 1 Position:
- Food & Beverage with Hospitality experience
- Faculty of Natural and Applied Science (NAS):
- 4 Positions:
- Biology/Chemistry with Science Education experience
- Science Laboratory Technician with Teaching experience
- Nurse Educator (Click here for Job Description)
- Faculty of Computer, Engineering and Mathematics (CEM):
- 1 Position:
- Mathematics with Education experience
- Faculty of Humanities and Liberal Studies (HLS):
- 1 Position:
- Social Work, Sociology and Politics.
Lecturers are required to teach across different academic levels from the GCE (A/L), CAPE and up to the Associate and Bachelor Degree levels. Multi-disciplinary candidates are particularly encouraged to apply for these positions.
The ideal candidate must have knowledge and skills obtained through collegiate preparation resulting in a Master’s degree (Doctorate preferred) which must include eighteen (18) graduate semester hours in the area being applied for, from an accredited and recognized institution plus a Teaching Diploma or Postgraduate Diploma and no less than three years post qualification teaching experience.
The Nurse Educator will help prepare the next generation of nurses in classroom settings. The ideal person should be able to provide guidance and mentoring to nursing students, showing them how to deliver the best healthcare possible.
At a minimum, the ideal person should have a graduate-level degree, such as a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) with a specialization in Nursing Education; and should be a Registered Nurse (RN) with advanced clinical training in a healthcare specialty.
Salary is in the scale
(a) US$34,061.39 – $36,200.39 per annum.
(b) US$39,507.21 – $42,467.31 per annum.
(a) US$40,210.90 – $43,488.40 per annum.
(b) US$43,012.53 – $46,290.03 per annum.
US$47,837.24 – $51,114.74 per annum.
B. LIBRARIAN (Click for Job Description)
The Librarian maintains the College Library according to standard Library procedures as well as works with the faculty, staff and administration of the College to formulate policies and regulations for the operation of the Library.
The ideal candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent or a professional qualification from an accredited and recognized institution; three years’ experience in a similar position of authority and must be computer literate, with demonstrated ability in Word Processing, Spreadsheet, DBMS and Accounting software.
Salary: US$36,796.32 – $39,280.32
C. HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER (Click for Job Description)
The HR Manager is a professional responsible for attracting, motivating, and retaining the most qualified talent by directing the administrative functions of the HR department. The candidate should possess strong collaboration, communication, negotiation, excellent decision-making, strategic thinking, leadership, ethical conduct, and interpersonal skills; with a solid background in policies, employment law, and human resources.
The Ideal Candidate should possess one of the following: BA/BBA/BSc/MA/MBA/MSc in Business Administration or Management with a concentration in one of the following:
- Human resources Management/Organizational
- Organizational Leadership/Behavior or Management and leadership
- Industrial/Labor Relations or Leadership Development
Professional certification in one or more of the following will be an added advantage: SHRM, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, HRCI, PHR, SPHR, GPHR, HRMP, HRBP.
Salary is in the scale
(a) US$39,346.56 – $41,830.56 per annum.
(b) US$40,210.90 – $43,488.40 per annum.
D. Assistant Systems Administrator (Click for Job Description)
The candidate must be competent and skilled in the following areas of computer repairs, networking, and webpage design (php is preferred):
- Assist in the preventative maintenance of computers and equipment: Servicing, Installation of hardware/software
- Assist in networking of computers: Making and ensuring ends/connectors are in place;
- Plan network layout and maintenance; Check/configure modems/routers/switches
- Assist in Training and providing end-user support to lecturers and chairs to ensure comfortable use of ISIMS; Moodle or Backup course content.
- Assist with the assignment of prerequisite courses with relevant students during the registration and enrolment process.
A Bachelor’s degree is required with a minimum of 3 years related experience.
Salary: US$39,346.56 – $41,830.56
The entry point for each of the above positions will depend on qualifications and experience. In the case of staff recruited from overseas, an appointment is on contractual terms for an initial period of two years. A gratuity is payable at the end of satisfactory contractual service at the rate of 10% of salary drawn during the period of service. A housing allowance is payable at existing rates.
For detailed job descriptions of each position, see:
The Application Process: Applications with copies of qualifications (including official transcripts), CV, two character references, a police record and a recent testimonial from current place of employment should reach:
TCI COMMUNITY COLLEGE,
P.O. BOX 236, GRAND TURK,
TURKS AND CAICOS ISLANDS
not later than Friday, June 4, 2021. Where possible applicants should e-mail or fax their applications.
FAX 649 946 1661 TELE 649 946 1163
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only persons selected for an interview will be contacted.