TURKS AND CAISOC ISLANDS COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Request for Proposals to Conduct Salary Review and Recommendations for the Turks and Caicos Islands Community College Salaries
The Turks and Caicos Islands Community College invites proposals from interested individuals, firms or companies for a Consultancy Undertaking to review its current Salary structure.
In 1994, the Turks and Caicos Islands Community College (TCICC) was established by Ordinance 25 (1994), with a vision to provide quality education for all sectors of the Turks and Caicos Islands community. This being its twenty-fifth (25) year of existence, the institution continues in its thrust to equip individuals with the knowledge, skills and dispositions that would enable them to access existing and emerging opportunities, prudently exercise their civil responsibilities, enhance their social and cultural lives and become productive citizens. The mission, therefore, encompasses, inter alia, post-secondary and continuing education for the school leaving and adult population; it facilitates the promotion of personal and professional development, and the economic growth and development of the Turks and Caicos Islands.
TCICC has two campuses, one each located on Grand Turk and Providenciales. The College offers a myriad of programmes, that include: Short/Interest courses; one semester courses; Upgrade courses; Full time programmes of two to three semesters culminating in Certificates, Advanced, Certificates, Associate and Bachelor Degrees.
Similar to other institutions in the region, and critical to the effective delivery of programme offerings, the Turks and Caicos Islands Community College relies upon the local and overseas recruitment of highly qualified and experienced faculty and staff.
Although some minor adjustments have been made to salaries, usually ‘regularization’ the current salary structure remains significantly unchanged for almost a decade
Notwithstanding, the TCICC continues in its mission to fulfil its objective of facilitating organizational development, through the strengthening and promotion of employee recruitment and retention strategies. In this context, the policy review is critical and is intended to ensure that TCICC is in keeping with regional and international standards in education and human development. With this in mind, the TCICC seeks to engage a consultant/consultants to review and upgrade its policies in keeping with current trends and expectations of education.
SCOPE OF WORK
- To undertake a detailed briefing with the TCICC Board of Governors to lead and guide the salary review process on behalf of the institution.
- To review existing documentation as it relates to salary scales, job descriptions and contractual documents to get a full understanding of the scope of the consultancy.
- To conduct interviews with several comparator organizations to confirm the salaries, allowances and benefits offered;
- To assess the existing remuneration structure of the TCICC vis a vis comparator institutions and identify if, and where gaps exist.
- To consider any necessary revision to the salary structure and propose any necessary adjustment for the various categories of administrative and professional personnel;
- 0065plore the feasibility of introducing performance related pay structure.
OUTPUT AND REPORTING
- Present a draft report of the findings and recommendations to the Board of Governors
- Present a final report that reflects the suggestions/recommendations/amendments emanating from the draft report to the Board of Governors and other relevant stakeholders.
DURATION OF THE CONSULTANCY AND DUTY STATIONING
The consultancy is expected to be completed within four (4) months from the date of signing the contract. The successful consultant/s shall be required to be present in the Turks and Caicos Islands for a significant part of the work.
Proposals are to include the following:
Years of experience undertaking similar assignments
Methodology to be used for the consultancy
Work Time Plan
Expressions of interest are to be sent to:
The President, Turks and Caicos Islands Community College, Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos Islands or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 1st February 2020.