Mr Rupert Reid
Welcome to the Turks and Caicos Islands Community College. My role as the Systems Administrator is to manage computer software systems, servers, and network connections to ensure high levels of availability and security of the supported business applications. I also participate in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with college goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements. In addition, I provide training and support to administrative staff, lecturers, and students.
Today the TCICC’s operations are fully computerized and accessed globally through our Cloud-based systems. These systems include:
- ISIMS – our college management system used to manage online applications, students’ grades and biodata, request transcript, etc.
- Office 365 – All staff, lecturers, and students use this as the main means of communication.
- Turnitin – plagiarism software used by both lecturers and students.
- WebEx – meeting software and online synchronous classes.
- Moodle – TCICC’s own Learning Management System (LMS)
- ProQuest – Online library
- Turnitin – a web-based plagiarism prevention system used by most universities