LOCATION: Grand Turk/Providenciales Campus
JOB SUMMARY: The TCICC expects to recruit and retain a teaching staff with interests
in the field of study to which they have been educated and trained in order to retain our
students’ interests. As a lecturer at the TCICC, you would be responsible for teaching a
combination of courses from introductory to Bachelor level courses depending on your
faculty requirements. You will be expected to deliver high-quality teaching and
assessments, as well as provide student guidance, support and work with staff in order to
improve the experiences of students.
REPORTS TO: HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
- Plan, prepare and deliver teaching sessions and lectures to a variety of learners to college
standards as required by your Faculty.
- You will be responsible for teaching across a range of units therefore a good knowledge of
subject matter will be required
- Facilitate strong class discussions to keep students interested.
- Remain current in the field of study by engaging in regular research or other effective
- Conduct office hours on a regular basis to provide time for students to come and talk with
you about their grades, assignments and other issues.
- Grade assignments and ensure that all students remain in compliance with the College
policy on academic integrity, including cheating and/or plagiarism.
- Proactively engage with the College performance management processes.
- Make a positive contribution to the quality improvement targets for the programmes
- Deliver sessions that challenge and support less able students.
- Provide timely and constructive feedback on assessments to support, and challenge
- Comply with all college policies and procedures.
- Undertake appropriate training and staff development as required.
- Take reasonable care for your own health and safety and any other person(s) who may be
affected by his/her acts or omissions at work in accordance with
- Health and Safety legislation. Co-operate with the College in so far as is necessary to enable
it to comply with its duties under relevant Health and Safety legislation.
- Assist with completion of student advisement as requested
- Carry out any other duties that could reasonably fall within the scope and responsibility of
RESOURCES – TOOLS & EQUIPMENT PROVIDED
- Whiteboard erasers
- Pens and pencils
- General stationery requirements
The holder of this position should exhibit the following education and qualifications
Lecturer 1 (full-time): A full-time faculty member satisfying the following:
- A Bachelors Degree (second class honours preferred) or professional level
qualification in the relevant subject area from an accredited and recognized institution
- A teachers certificate
- No less than three (3) years post qualification teaching experience.
Lecturer 2 (full-time): A full-time faculty member satisfying the following:
A Bachelors Degree (second class honours preferred) or professional level qualification in the relevant subject area from an accredited and recognized
- A teachers certificate and, EITHER
- A higher Degree or terminal level professional qualification (CPA* CGA, etc.) in the
relevant subject area, and
- Five (5) years experience in post-secondary teaching OR relevant post-degree
- Ten (10) years post-secondary teaching, or
- Relevant post-degree professional practice, and
- (for promotion) a significant contribution to the programme, or
- institutional development (in exceptional circumstances).
Senior Lecturer: A full-time faculty member satisfying the following:
A Bachelors Degree (second class honours preferred) or equivalent level professional qualification in the relevant subject area from an accredited and
recognized institution and a Teachers Certificate;
- A higher degree or its equivalent, and
- Seven (7) years post secondary successful teaching experience as a lecturer or other professional accomplishment;
- Proven leadership in, and contribution to programme and institutional development,
- Evidence of continuing scholarship or professional interests and activities.
- English Language
- Proficiency in MS Office suite including Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- Internet research and email savvy
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Active listening
- Effective Communication
- Customer Service
- Critical Thinking
- Time Management
- Active Learning