Pre-College 1 in Programme
About This Course
This is for those who have not been exposed to CSEC/external examination syllabus. It includes the following General Basic Subjects:
- Mathematics, English, TCI Studies, Computer Studies and two others from the area of specialization. Students enrolled in Pre-College 1 must continue to Pre-College 2
The Pre-College 1 is a flexable program that enables both the GCE A Level, CXC CAPE and non-GCE A level students to obtain an Pre-College 1 in Pre-College Programme, through pure science theory courses coupled with laboratory analyticals skills as a foundation to cater to the future needs and interests of the students.
A total of 78 credits is needed to matriculate for this program.
The Pre-College 1 Programme in Pre-College Programme is a local program offered by Turks and Caicos Islands Community College.
Students will pursue their studies as follows:
- eight General Education courses totalling 22 credits
- compulsory concentration courses to satisfy the minimum Associate of Science Degree requirements totaling 39 credits
- one laboratory component for each compulsory science course totaling 12 credits
- two compulsory electives taken from any course offered by the college amounting to a total of 6 credits.
- Compulsory Research Project for a major/core program (BIO or CHM = 3 credits