The Turks and Caicos Islands Community College in its quest to fulfil its vision “to provide quality education for all sectors of the Turks & Caicos Islands by equipping individuals with the knowledge, skills and dispositions that would enable them to access emerging and existing opportunities, exercise their civic responsibilities prudently, enhance their social and cultural lives and become productive citizens” has seen the need to improve early childhood care and education through the introduction of an Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education. This programme offers information about tools, practices and services required to provide quality education to children between the ages of 0 – 8 years in the Turks and Caicos Islands and the wider world.
The Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education is a local program offered by Turks and Caicos Islands Community College with quality assurance from the Council Community Colleges of Jamaica (CCCJ).
On completion of the programme, individuals will be awarded with an internationally recognized degree in ECE be able to:
- Take care of fast paced development in the knowledge of early childhood development;
- Meet the needs of society and enhance the quality and standards of early childhood development education;
Provide a broad common framework, for exchange, mobility and free dialogue across the early childhood development community:
- Create an aptitude for early childhood development in those learners who show a promise for higher studies and creative works in early childhood development;
- Provide opportunities for observing and evaluating phenomena and processes and for drawing valid deductions and conclusions;
- Encourage the development of manipulative, procedural, cognitive, affective and communication skills through practical activities that foster investigation, imagination, and creativity.
- Over 37 lectures and 55.5 hours of content!
- Information packed practical training starting from basics to advanced testing techniques.
- Best suitable for beginners to advanced level users and who learn faster when demonstrated.
- Practical assignments at the end of every session.
- Practical learning experience with live project work and examples.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 60 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 32
- Assessments Yes