The Associate Degree in Computer Studies degree programme combine the teaching of core theoretical principles with hands-on laboratory experience, preparing students for exciting careers in industry and academia. This programme covers all the fundamentals of the discipline including courses in Information Systems, Computer Programming, Operating Systems, Data Communications and Networking, and Internet Technologies.
The Associate Degree in Computer Studies in General Studies (Humanities) is a local program offered by Turks and Caicos Islands Community College.
Graduates from this program will have a good theoretical understanding of the fundamental components of Computer Systems: Processors, Storage, Input/Output, Communications (including the Internet), Operating Systems, Software Applications and Computer Programming. They will be able to apply this knowledge to be able to:
- Analyze Information Systems requirements of an organization and develop appropriate solutions. This includes evaluation and selection of suitable software and hardware.
- Develop small, in-house applications for an organization, Particularly Database applications.
- Install and support Network Systems.
- Install and support Operating Systems software, particularly Windows 2000/XP and Windows.NET
- Develop Accounting/Financial Information Systems using purchased Accounting software packages.
- Function effectively in management positions in the Information Technology unit of medium-sized organizations.
- Over 37 lectures and 55.5 hours of content!
- Learn Software Testing and Automation basics from a professional trainer from your own desk.
- Information packed practical training starting from basics to advanced testing techniques.
- Best suitable for beginners to advanced level users and who learn faster when demonstrated.
- Course content designed by considering current software testing technology and the job market.
- Practical assignments at the end of every session.
- Practical learning experience with live project work and examples.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 80 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 45
- Assessments Yes