The Associate of Science Degree (ASD) is a flexable program that enables both the GCE “A” Level, CXC CAPE and non-GCE “A” level students to obtain an Associate Degree in Natural Sciences, through pure science theory courses coupled with laboratory analyticals skills as a foundation to cater to the future needs and interests of the students.
A total of 78 credits is needed to matriculate for this program.
The Associate Degree Programme in Biology and Chemistry is a local program offered by Turks and Caicos Islands Community College.
- Apply the core concepts of chemistry and biology to relevant scientific disciplines.
- Apply scientific methods and processes to draw conclusions and make scientifically‐based decisions
- Critically examine information and discover new information through scientific reasoning.
- Identify and analyze scientific problems and demonstrate problem solving skills through acquired interdisciplinary experiences and knowledge.
- Acquire laboratory competence by developing and refining technical and analytical skills.
Students will pursue their studies as follows:
- eight General Education courses totalling 22 credits
- compulsory concentration courses to satisfy the minimum Associate of Science Degree requirements totaling 39 credits
- one laboratory component for each compulsory science course totaling 12 credits
- two compulsory electives taken from any course offered by the college amounting to a total of 6 credits.
- Compulsory Research Project for a major/core program (BIO or CHM = 3 credits
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 69 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 50
- Assessments Yes