Certificate Courses in Technical & Vocational Education (TVE)
About This Course
One-Year Certificate Program in:
- Construction, Carpentry and Joinery (Grand Turk Campus)
The Certificate Courses is a flexable program that enables both the GCE A Level, CXC CAPE and non-GCE A level students to obtain an Certificate Courses in Technical & Vocational Education (TVE), through pure science theory courses coupled with laboratory analyticals skills as a foundation to cater to the future needs and interests of the students.
A total of 78 credits is needed to matriculate for this program.
The Certificate Courses Programme in Technical & Vocational Education (TVE) is a local program offered by Turks and Caicos Islands Community College.
Students will pursue their studies as follows:
- eight General Education courses totalling 22 credits
- compulsory concentration courses to satisfy the minimum Associate of Science Degree requirements totaling 39 credits
- one laboratory component for each compulsory science course totaling 12 credits
- two compulsory electives taken from any course offered by the college amounting to a total of 6 credits.
- Compulsory Research Project for a major/core program (BIO or CHM = 3 credits