Associate Degree in Natural & Applied Sciences
About This Course
Two-Year Associate Degree in:
- Environmental Science (Grand Turk Campus)
- Sciences with concentration in any two of the following (Grand Turk Campus):
- Information Technology
- Marine Biology (Grand Turk Campus)
The Associate Degree is a flexable program that enables both the GCE A Level, CXC CAPE and non-GCE A level students to obtain an Associate Degree in Natural Sciences, through pure science theory courses coupled with laboratory analyticals skills as a foundation to cater to the future needs and interests of the students.
A total of 78 credits is needed to matriculate for this program.
The Associate Degree Programme in Biology and Chemistry is a local program offered by Turks and Caicos Islands Community College.
Students will pursue their studies as follows:
- eight General Education courses totalling 22 credits
- compulsory concentration courses to satisfy the minimum Associate of Science Degree requirements totaling 39 credits
- one laboratory component for each compulsory science course totaling 12 credits
- two compulsory electives taken from any course offered by the college amounting to a total of 6 credits.
- Compulsory Research Project for a major/core program (BIO or CHM = 3 credits